Why use a Buckwheat Pillow?
Buckwheat Pillows have traditionally been used for centuries as the pillow of choice in Japan.Their benefits are well known in asian culture and countries.
Japan's population is ranked among the top 5 healthiest worldwide.
Our bodies are not designed to sleep on memory foam, fiber fills or any other man made plush materials. Our ancestors slept on the ground or used other natural available materials. Most monasteries in the world, also used meditation pillows filled with buckwheat hulls.
Optimally our bodies need a natural firm pillow to provide exceptional support for proper neck/spine/head alignment, which in return allows the body to fully engage its natural healing processes over night for full recovery from everyday stress and/or illness. With the right pillow there is no more tossing and turning and you sleep like a baby again.
Our buckwheat pillows as well as millet pillows are completely free of chemicals which in our opinion is equally important for proper health as drinking clean water. After all, we spend almost a 3rd of our life sleeping. Don't compromise your health!
Check out our Blog for more information and interesting articles about buckwheat pillows.
So are Buckwheat Pillows Worth Buying?
Main Benefits of using a Buckwheat Pillow
- Adjustability: Because the buckwheat hulls can be easily added or removed, the pillow can be adjusted to the perfect firmness for an individual's needs and preferences.
- Support: Buckwheat pillows provide firm support for the head and neck, which can help to reduce pain and discomfort, especially for people who suffer from neck and shoulder pain.
- Hypoallergenic: Buckwheat is naturally hypoallergenic, making it a good choice for people with allergies or asthma.
- Good for different sleeping positions: Buckwheat pillows are suitable for all sleeping positions including side, stomach and back sleepers, as it contours to head shape and provides good cervical support.
- Long lifespan: Buckwheat pillows can last for many years, as long as 10 years or more, whereas traditional pillows may need to be replaced every 6-12 months.
- Temperature regulation: buckwheat hulls are naturally porous, which allow air to circulate and helps to regulate temperature, making it more comfortable for the sleeper.
- Durable: Buckwheat pillows are less likely to flatten or lose their shape over time, compared to traditional pillows.
- Eco-friendly: Buckwheat is a sustainable and renewable crop, and buckwheat pillows are often made with natural materials such as cotton or linen, making them an eco-friendly choice.
- Reduced snoring: The firm support provided by buckwheat pillows can help to reduce snoring by keeping the airways open.
- Customizable: Some buckwheat pillows come with a removable cotton or linen cover that can be machine-washed, which allows for easy customization to suit personal preferences.
- Natural odor control: Buckwheat hulls are known to have a natural odor-controlling property, they don't have bad odor as feather or synthetic pillow have.
- Helps prevent headaches: Because of the supportive and contoured nature of buckwheat pillows, they can help prevent headaches caused by tension in the neck and shoulders
- Affordable: buckwheat pillows are often more affordable than many other types of specialty pillows.
- Reduces stiffness: The firm support provided by a buckwheat pillow can help reduce stiffness in the neck and shoulders, making it easier to get comfortable and get a good night's sleep.
It's worth noting that these are general benefits of using buckwheat pillow and it may vary depending on the person and their needs, it's always good to give it a try before decide if it's the right pillow for you.